Recipe • Florentine Mixed Nuts Crisps

Hi there! If you already know, I love making Chinese New Year (CNY) snacks and goodies but only the easy ones. Until I have more time (read: the kids are older), I will not attempt time consuming goodies like pineapple tarts and sort.
These Florentine Mixed Nuts Crisps have been in my CNY to-do list for at least 4 years! However, it somehow got pushed down the list while I did other easy goodies like crispy seaweed-codfish & cranberries cornflakes cookies (≧∇≦), until my dear friend gift me a tub of her homemade flavorful nutty crisps last year, that I remind myself to make some this year!
Thinner version
I like my florentine crisps thin and filled with toasted nutty fragrance!
You may increase the amount of florentine powder in this recipe if you prefer thicker texture.
Thicker version

(╹◡╹)♡ If you tried any recipes on my humble blog and would like to share on your blog or any other social media platforms, please copy and include the URL so it'll link back to me.

Kindly do not claim recipe as your own. Thank you!

Ingredients:
100g Florentine Powder (available at baking supplies store like Phoon Huat)
100g Almond slices
50g Pumpkin seeds
60g Dried Cranberries

Method:
•Cut dried cranberries into small pieces.
•Pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well.


•Line baking tray with baking paper and pour in the well-mixed ingredients. Using a spoon/spatula, spread the mixture evenly.

•Bake at 180degC for about 8 minutes in a preheated oven.
❇ Oven temperature may vary, keep a lookout at the last couple of minutes as the crisp browns quickly.
•Remove tray from oven, slice florentine crisp while still hot and soft.

•Leave to cool and harden, break along the cut lines and store in airtight container.
Updated January 2019:
Additional white sesame seeds,
just sprinkle sparingly before putting baking tray into the oven.


So easy, isn't it? Enjoy these nutty munchies!
Wishing all readers a
Prosperous Lunar New Year! ♥(ˉ(∞)ˉ)♥ 

Ox-spicious Niu Year! 
(2021)

Comments

  1. may i know what is your size of the baking tray? because i will consider to bake it by using toaster oven (9L capacity)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Keat Kee! The baking tray I used was about 33cm by 26cm. It's also a table top oven.
      Cheers,
      Berl

      Delete
    2. thx for sharing =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this yummy recipe with photos and step by step instructions 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe • The Very Versatile Anchovy Soup Stock!

Recipe • Luncheon Meat & Potatoes in Baked Beans Sauce

Recipe • Nam Yu Crispy Pork 南乳炸肉