Tutorial • How to decorate hidden surprise cake

Alright, so you are probably at this blog post because you read my Condensed Milk Buttercream recipe (*'▽'*)♪ and you knew I did not bake the cake from scratch! Haha!
Of course, you may use your preferred cake of choice. I used store-bought mini chiffon cake. And may I clarify, I am not a professional at baking. I am sharing a method that worked well for me and hope you'll benefit from this sharing. (。’▽’。)♡

(╹◡╹)♡ If you tried any tutorial/recipes on my humble blog and would like to share on your blog or any other social media platforms, please copy and include the URL so it'll link back to me.
Kindly do not claim recipe as your own. Thank you!

Ingredients:
Chiffon Cake or a round cake
(extra cake to cover the hole if using chiffon cake)
Buttercream
M&M chocolates
Colourful Sprinkles (Note 1)
Fruits (I used strawberries & blueberries)

Tools:
Round cutter
Knife
Palette Knife/Silicone Spatula
Spoon

Method:
•Slice both the chiffon cakes into 2 layers.
•Use a round cutter, the size slightly bigger than the hole of chiffon cake, cut out a circle. Place this piece of cake into the hole of the base cake.
•Spread buttercream on the top of the base cake, place the top layer of cake.
•Combine sufficient amount of M&Ms and sprinkles, fill the centre of chiffon cake to the brim. You may use another circle cut-out of cake to cover the hole.

•Spread buttercream all over the cake.
•Decorate with berries and more sprinkles.
There you go, a cake with hidden surprise!


Note
(1) I used "Birthday Surprise" sprinkle mix from  @HappySparkles.SG on Instagram.
Their sprinkle mix are made from 100% natural ingredients that contain no GMO, soya, dairy & gluten. More info over at their IG page!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe • The Very Versatile Anchovy Soup Stock!

Recipe • Luncheon Meat & Potatoes in Baked Beans Sauce

Recipe • Nam Yu Crispy Pork 南乳炸肉